Laboratory Safety Training: Chemical Hygiene (Level 2)
This course is designed to ensure laboratory personnel understand their responsibilities to conduct safe work practices in compliance with OSHA’s Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals in Laboratories Standard 29 CFR 1910.1450.
This four-hour Level 2 training includes topics covered in Level One in addition to specialized curricula designed to ensure participant understanding of your site-specific Chemical Hygiene Plan (CHP).
- Recognize compliance parameters of OSHA’s Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals in Laboratories Standard 29 CFR 1910.1450
- Recall general and site-specific laboratory safety rules and regulations, proper handling of chemicals and chemical waste, and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- List the requirements of a Chemical Hygiene Plan
- Identify site-specific SOPs for safe work practices
- Discuss and mitigate site-specific safety issues after direct instructor question and answer session
- Lectures 0
- Hands-On Training 0
- Duration 4 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Wet Lab No
- Max Students 24
- Assessments Yes