Laboratory Safety Training: Bloodborne Pathogens (Level 2)
This course is designed to ensure laboratory personnel understand their responsibilities to follow universal precautions and conduct safe work practices in compliance with OSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogens Standard 29 CFR 1910.1030.
This Level 2 training includes information covered in Level One as well as specialized curricula designed to ensure participant understanding of your site-specific Exposure Control Plan (ECP). Training time varies from three to four hours.
- Recall compliance parameters of OSHA’s Standard for Bloodborne Pathogens 29 CFR 1910.1030
- Describe general and site-specific risks, resources, and responsibilities for all laboratory personnel
- Identify and implement universal precautions, personal protection controls, and site-specific SOPs for safe work practices
- Review decontamination procedures for pathogen exposure and post-exposure management
- List the requirements of an Exposure Control Plan
- Discuss and mitigate site-specific safety issues after direct instructor question and answer session
- Lectures 0
- Hands-On Training 0
- Duration 4 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Wet Lab No
- Max Students 24
- Assessments Yes